Biriyani rice – 5 cup
Prawns – 1 kg
Onion – 5 cup (thinly sliced)
Ginger garlic paste – 5 tbsp
Green chilli -11(crushed)
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp+1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp + 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp Continue reading →
Jeerakasala rice – 4 cup
Fish – 12 pieces
Onion- 4 cup + 1 cup
Green Chillies – 11
Tomato – 4
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Cardamom – 3
Cloves – 5
Cinnamon stick – 3 inch piece
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Star Anise -1
Bay leaf – 2
Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
Raisins – 2 tbsp
Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – Few
Milk – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Ghee/ oil – As Needed
- Wash the rice,drain the water and keep aside.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in milk and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of Ghee in a kadai and roast cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- Take 1 cup onion and deep fry until it become golden color then take out and keep this for layering the biriyani.
- Marinate fish with 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry the fish After 30 minute.
- In a pressure cooker add 6 cup of water and let it boil. (1 1/2 cup of water for 1 Cup rice)
- When it boils add salt, 4 tbsp of ghee, cinnamon,cloves,cardamom, star anise, bay leaf and fennel seeds .
- Then add the rice and close the lid.
- After one whistle switch off the stove.
- Take a wide deep vessel to prepare the masala..Heat oil (Use the oil which is used for frying fish )add remaining onion and saute until it become golden color.
- Add the green chilli paste , ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- After it become golden brown add chopped tomatoes, mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Cook until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- When it boils add the fried fish pieces into the gravy and cook for 4 to 5 minute.
- Remove the fish from the gravy and keep aside.
- now thicken the gravy until the oil separate from the mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- When it boils switch off the stove.
Layering The Biriyani:
- Add one layer of cooked rice on the gravy.
- Sprinkle fried onions, garam masala, cashews,raisins, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and 1 tsp ghee.
- Top another layer of rice,and continue the same.
- In the last layer of rice sprinkle milk and 1 tsp of ghee.
- Seal vessel with dough or wet kitchen towel & put some weight on lid.
- cook for 2 min in high flame then reduce to low flame and and cook for 15 min.Switch off the stove.
- After 10 min open the lid and Arrange the fish pieces over this .
- Serve hot with raita.